The beauty of the Brain Sentry system is in its simplicity.
Our focus is every player and every helmet. Our development team took significant efforts in designing a system that accurately measures appropriate impact forces, is affordable, is safe, and does not burden the coaches and volunteer heroes that run sports teams and leagues. There is nothing to maintain. No batteries to charge. Nothing to remember to turn on or off. Brain Sentry sensors just work all season. Period.
At the beginning of the season simply activate the sensor and peel and stick it to the back of each helmet. The sophisticated battery life management system allows the sensor to never need to be turned on or off. The battery never needs to be charged or changed. The sensor is fully sealed and water proof. At the end of the season it can be simply removed and returned to Brain Sentry for recycling. We then send your team new sensors for the next season.
HOW IT WORKS:
- When the helmet is not in use, the sensor light will automatically enter a sleep mode. When it detects motion, it becomes active and a green LED light will blink.
- In the event of a big acceleration of the head, a bright red LED will turn on and blink once every 3 seconds.
- Once the sensor flashes a red light, you should follow your team’s protocol for concussion assessment for that player.
- If the player is not injured, the Coach, Athletic Trainer, or designated adult (e.g. Safety Monitor) simply resets the sensor to turn off the blinking red light. The player’s helmet should be checked for proper fit and the player can return to the game. It’s that simple.
- The memory in the sensor keeps track of the largest impacts. If within one year of the first alert, a second big impact is detected, the red light will flash quickly twice every 3 seconds. If a third impact is detected, the red light flashes three times, and so on.
- The sensor detects approximately the top 2% of hardest hits and is thus not significantly interfering with the flow of the game.
NOTE: The sensor is not a brain injury detector. No sensor can diagnose a concussion. The sensor is an impact detector that is carefully calibrated to alert when the brain may have been subjected to a force high enough that results in an injury.
* All Brain Sentry sensors are Made in the USA